These super tasty Fish Finger Sandwiches are lightly coated in breadcrumbs and then air fried for a crunchy coating!
- 4 small cod fillets (skin removed)
- salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp flour
- 40g dried breadcrumbs
- spray oil
- 250g frozen peas
- 1 tbsp creme fraiche or greek yogurt
- 10–12 capers
- squeeze of lemon juice
- 4 bread rolls or 8 small slices of bread
- Pre-heat the Optimum HealthyFry Air Fryer.
- Take each of the cod fillets, season with salt and pepper and lightly dust in the flour. Then roll quickly in the breadcrumbs. The idea is to get a light coating of breadcrumbs on the fish rather than a thick layer. Repeat with each cod fillet.
- Add a few sprays of oil spray to the bottom of the fryer basket. Place the cod fillets on top and cook on the fish setting (200c) for 15 mins.
- Whilst the fish is cooking, cook the peas in boiling water for a couple of minutes on the hob or in the microwave. Drain and then add to a blender with the creme fraiche, capers and lemon juice to taste. Blitz until combined.
- Once the fish has cooked, remove it from the HealthyFry Air Fryer and start layering your sandwich with the bread, fish and pea puree. You can also add lettuce, tartar sauce and any other of your favourite toppings!