Packed with nutritious ingredients including prunes, dates, nuts and flaxseed, these delicious Raw Chocolate Brownie Bites make a great snack for kids and adults too!
- 125g / 1 cup pitted prunes
- 125g / 1 cup pitted dates
- 110g / 1 cup mixed nuts
- 25g / 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp shredded coconut
- Soak the prunes and dates in a bowl of warm water for 10 minutes to soften them. Drain but retain the liquid.
- Add the nuts and sunflower seeds to a food processor and blitz until they have broken down to a crumb like consistency.
- Add the prunes and dates and blitz again. If you are having difficulty processing the mixture add a few spoonfuls of the retained water at a time to help get it moving.
- Once the prunes and dates have broken down, add the flaxseed, cocoa powder and vanilla extract and blitz again.
- Transfer the mixture into a lined 8in x 8in dish. Cover with plastic wrap or aluminium foil and place in the freezer for 1 hour to firm up.
- Sprinkle the shredded coconut on top and then cut into 16 small bites.
- These brownies bites will keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.