A healthy twist on an old family favourite. This Cauliflower Mac & Cheese is packed with hidden veggies that the kids can’t see or taste!
- 350g / 10oz macaroni pasta
- 1 medium cauliflower
- 1 low sodium vegetable stock cube
- 200ml / 3/4 cup milk
- 100g / 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/2 tsp dijon mustand
- salt and pepper to taste
- To Top:
- 25g / 1/4 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 15g / 1/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- cherry tomatoes
- Preheat the oven to 200c / 400f.
- Cook the macaroni in a pan of boiling water according to the package instructions.
- Cut the cauliflower into small florets. Place in a saucepan with the stock cube. Cover with boiling water and cook for 5-6 minutes until the cauliflower has softened.
- Once the cauliflower has cooked, drain it and add to a blender, along with the milk, grated cheese, butter and dijon mustard. Blitz until all the ingredients have combined to a sauce consistency. If it seems too thick then add a little extra milk. Season with salt and pepper if you wish.
- Drain the pasta and return it to the saucepan. Add in the cauliflower sauce and mix well.
- Transfer the pasta into one large or several small baking dishes. Sprinkle the extra cheese and panko breadcrumbs on top and finally finish with a whole cherry tomato.
- Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes until the top is crispy.
- Allow to cool a little and then serve.