A delicious Chocolate Chip Muffin recipe packed full of healthy ingredients like oats, greek yogurt and bananas. Perfect for an afternoon snack for kids or to add to their lunch box!
- 200g / 1.5 cups plain or all purpose flour (can be gluten free)
- 50g / 0.5 cups rolled oats
- 150g / 0.5 cups plain greek yogurt
- 50g / 0.3 cups coconut oil or butter, melted
- 1 medium banana, chopped
- 1 large egg
- 2 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 0.5 tsp baking soda or bicarbonate of soda
- 75g / 0.5 cup milk or dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 180c / 350f.
- Add all of the ingredients, except for the chocolate chips, to a food processor and blitz until well combined.
- Add the chocolate chips and stir by hand with a spoon.
- Line a 12 hold muffin tray with 12 silicone cases and then using an ice cream scoop, fill each of the cases 3/4 full with the muffin mixture.
- Bake in the oven for 18-20 minutes. A skewer inserted into the middle should come out clean.
- Once the muffins are cool enough to touch, transfer them onto a wire rack to cool completely.
These muffins can be kept in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days. They can also be frozen (freeze them individually and then transfer to a freezer bag or container) and defrosted at room temperature.