A healthier version of my kids’ favourite snack; Chocolate Chip Cookies! Made with wholemeal flour, oats and reduced sugar.
- 125g / 4 & 1/2 oz unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 50g / 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 medium egg
- 100g / 3/4 cup wholewheat flour
- 100g / 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 50g / 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 180c / 350f and line two baking trays with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl beat together the butter and sugar with an electric whisk. Add the egg and vanilla and beat for another few seconds.
- Add in the flour, oats and bicarbonate and mix well.
- Finally mix in the chocolate chips.
- Divide the mixture into 10 equal sized dough balls. Place them on the baking trays and then press down into a cookie shape.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Allow to cool for a few minutes on the trays before moving to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 4 days.