A simple but impressive way of serving a Caprese Salad. A great way to get kids excited about tomatoes!
- 3 medium or 2 large tomatoes
- 1 mozzarella ball
- basil leaves
- olive oil
- balsamic drizzle
- Slice the mozzarella ball into roughly 1cm slices.
- Makes slices in the tomatoes ensuring that you do not cut all the way through.
- Place half a slice of mozzarella into each of the slits in the tomatoes.
- Add a basil leaf to each of the slits.
- Drizzle each of the tomatoes with olive oil and balsamic drizzle.
- Serve immediately.