Delicious flavour combinations are essential for the perfect salad, so Harvester has created a Spanish-inspired recipe to get your taste buds salsa-ing.
- 1 quarter pink pickled cabbage
- 5 whole mini gherkins
- 1 half red and yellow pepper, sliced
- 1 quarter white onion, sliced
- 1 quarter red onion, sliced
- 8 black olives
- 3 ripe tomatoes, quartered
- Spicy sauce (such as Harvester’s House Hot sauce)
- 1 small grilled chorizo, sliced
- Start with a base of pink pickled cabbage for acidity and texture, then add your gherkins for some crunch.
- Add in the peppers and onions to give the salad some natural sweetness.
- For saltiness, add in your olives, a common Spanish ingredient.
- Throw in the tomatoes and combine all the ingredients together with a really spicy dressing, such as Harvester’s House Hot sauce, to give the salad an added kick.
- Grill the chorizo, then mix in with the rest of the salad, ensuring the natural oils cover the dish for plenty of flavour.