Tasty ham and cheese savoury muffins with a sneaky serving of hidden veggies, perfect to make ahead and freeze for lunchboxes during the week.
- 2 medium eggs
- 150ml milk
- 75g melted butter
- 170g grated mature cheddar cheese
- 70g chopped ham
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 250g self raising flour
- Preheat the oven to 180c fan and line a 12 hole muffin tray with paper or silicone cases.
- Add the eggs, milk and melted butter to a large bowl and whisk for a few seconds with a hand whisk.
- Add the grated cheese, chopped ham, oregano and grated carrot and mix with a spoon.
- Finally, add the self raising flour and mix just enough so that the ingredients are well combined.
- Divided the mixture between the 12 muffin cases. I find it easier to do this with an ice cream scoop.
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes.
- These muffins can be eaten straight away or if you want to freeze them, allow them to cool then transfer to a freezer bag.
- To defrost, take them out of the freezer early in the morning and add to lunchboxes. They will be defrosted by lunchtime.