A simple but really healthy Spinach Soup recipe, perfect for your little ghouls this Halloween!
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 medium white onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 200g potato, diced
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- 260g fresh baby spinach
- 50g creme fraiche
- optional: cream and dried chilli flakes to serve
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan on the hob. Add the chopped onions and fry gently for 2-3 minutes until softened.
- Add the crushed garlic and diced potatoes and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Pour in the vegetable stock, bring to the boil and then reduce to a simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the spinach and cook for a further 2-3 minutes until it has all wilted. Stir in the creme fraiche.
- Blend the soup, either with an immersion blender or in a stand blender (be careful as it will be very hot!).
- Serve immediately with a drizzle of cream and a sprinkling of dried chilli flakes.