A delicious festive take on a classic tiramisu recipe, made using gingerbread men biscuits!
- 1200ml double cream
- 500g marscapone
- 50g caster sugar
- 250ml black coffee
- 100ml Amaretto
- 540g Large Gingerbread Men Biscuits
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- Optional: 9 Mini Gingerbread Men Biscuits
- Add 600ml of the double cream to a large bowl along with the marscapone and sugar and whip until thick.
- Add the coffee and Amareto to a shallow bowl.
- You will need a large dish, a glass or oven proof dish is fine.
- One at a time dip the gingerbread men into the coffee mixture, lsoaking them on either side for just a second or two and then add to the bottom of the dish.
- Repeat until the bottom of the dish is covered.
- Next add a layer of the cream and marscapone mixture.
- Keep repeating this gingerbread men and cream layers. You should be able to make 4 layers but it will depend on the size of your dish.
- If you have any broken biscuits you can use them to fill in the gaps.
- Once done, whip the remaining cream. You can use the same bowl as last time, no need to wash it!
- Add the whipped cream to a piping bag. This is not essential, you can just add the cream to the top with a knife or spoon, spreading it on, but piping it does make it look prettier. I used a piping bag and a large round nozzle.
- Dust the top of the cream with cocoa powder.
- If serving straight away you can add some mini gingerbread men to top. If not, cover and keep in the fridge until the following day and add the biscuits just before serving.
- This tiramisu will keep covered in the fridge for up to 4 days.