Junk free Gingerbread Christmas Brownies, made with wholemeal flour, sweetened with apples, bananas and a little honey and decorated with Organix Gingerbread Men Biscuits
- 100g coconut oil
- 25g unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 bananas
- 150g apple sauce
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 medium eggs
- 150g wholemeal flour
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 tsp icing sugar
- 1 packet Organix Mini Gingerbread Men Biscuits
- Preheat the oven to 180c and line an 8x8in baking dish with parchment paper.
- Add the coconut oil to a large jug and melt in the microwave.
- Mash the bananas well and add them to the melted coconut oil along with the apple sauce, vanilla and honey. Mix well and then add in the eggs and mix again.
- In a large bowl add the wholemeal flour and spices and mix with a spoon. Pour in the wet ingredients and mix just enough until the ingredients are well combined.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared dish and bake in the oven for 18 minutes.
- Remove and allow to cool for approximately 10 minutes before cutting into 9 pieces.
- Add the icing sugar to a small bowl or cup and mix with just a dash of water to form a thick icing paste. Use this to stick a gingerbread man biscuit to the top of each brownie.
These brownies can be kept in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days. They can also be frozen for up to 3 months.