Christmas veggies made easy with this delicious recipe for Carrots & Parsnips coated in a festive garlic and herb butter. They can also be prepped ahead and kept in the freezer, ready to be cooked from frozen on Christmas Day!
- 700g carrots
- 700g parsnips
- 3 sprigs thyme
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 1 garlic clove
- 75g butter
- 1 clementine
- Peel the carrots and parsnips and then chop them into large batons.
- Add them to a saucepan, cover with boiling water and simmer for 7 minutes.
- Meanwhile you can make the garlic and herb butter.
- Finely chop the thyme, rosemary and garlic and then mix in a bowl with the butter.
- Squeeze in the juice of a clementine and mix again.
- Drain the veggies well and then add them back into the saucepan. Add the butter and mix well.
- Leave the veggies to cool and then divide them between two freezer bags and freeze until Christmas Day.
- When ready to cook, transfer the veggies into a large baking tray and bake from frozen at 180c for 20 minutes.