A delicious and healthy Breakfast Bar packed with oats, fruit, nut and yogurt. A really nutritious and filling start to the day for kids and adults too!
- 450g natural yogurt
- 3 medium eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 120ml maple syrup
- 2 bananas, mashed
- 400g oats
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tbsp ground mixed spice
- 150g nuts and seeds
- 150g dried fruit
- butter or oil for greasing
- 150g fresh berries
- Preheat the oven to 200c/180c fan. Grease a baking tray or dish (approx 12 x 10in) with butter or oil.
- In a large bowl mix the yogurt, eggs, vanilla, maple syrup and mashed banana together.
- Add the oats, salt, baking powder, mixed spice, nuts, seeds and dried fruit and mix until well combined.
- Fill the baking tray with the mixture and top with fresh fruit. Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes until set all the way through.
- Cut into 12 slices and serve hot or cold.
These bars will keep in the fridge covered for up to 3 days. They can also be frozen and defrosted in the fridge.