Delicious fruit pancakes perfect to make with the kids this Pancake Tuesday!
- 150g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 150ml whole milk
- 1 medium egg
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- butter or oil for frying
- Choice of fruit including: oranges, apples, lemons, kiwis, strawberries, blackcurrants and mango.
- Sieve the flour and baking powder into a large bowl. Add a pinch of salt.
- In a separate bowl or jug whisk together the milk, egg and melted butter.
- Add this mixture to the dry ingredients and whisk until everything is well combined.
- Add a little butter or oil to a large frying pan and add about 2 heaped tablespoons of the pancake mixture to the pan to make each pancake. You should be able to fit 4 pancakes on the pan at each time.
- Cook the pancakes for 2-3 minutes before flipping and cooking for another 2 minutes on the other side. Repeat with the remaining batter.
- Layer the pancakes between slices of fresh fruit and serve immediately.
Makes 8 American-style pancakes in total