If you struggle to get veggies into your picky eaters then try these Frozen Veggie Packs. Six different vegetables blitzed in the food processor and then frozen, ready to add to lots of different meals.
- 3 medium carrots
- 3 celery sticks
- 1 medium courgette
- 1 red pepper
- 100g broccoli
- 150g cauliflower
- Wash the veggies and peel the carrots.
- Cut the carrots and celery into big chunks and add to a food processor.
- Blitz for a few seconds to break them down.
- Chop the courgette, red pepper, broccoli and cauliflower into chunks and add them to the food processor.
- Blitz again for another few seconds.
- Remove the lid and stir the veggies so that they all get evenly broken down and then blitz again.
- Be careful not to over-blitz as the veggies will start to go mushy. You want a very small grainy texture.
- Transfer to one large freezer bag or individual pots or food trays and freeze.
- When ready to use, simply break off a chunk and add to meals like spaghetti bolognese, curries and chilli.
- You can also make a simple pasta sauce by cooking the frozen veggies in tinned tomatoes, seasoned with herbs and then blitz until completely smooth.
These veggie packs will keep in the freezer for up to 2 month.