Surprise your Mum with this delicious fresh fruit and chocolate chip granola breakfast this Mother’s Day!
- Chocolate Chip Granola:
- 150g / 2 cups rolled oats
- 50g / 1/2 cup mixed nuts, crushed
- 1 tbsp desiccated coconut
- 2 tsp sunflower seeds
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp dark chocolate chips
- Optional: 1 tbsp goji berries or other dried fruit
- Fresh Fruit Salad:
- A selection of fresh fruit. I used:
- 1 kiwi
- 4 strawberries
- 10 blackberries
- 10 blueberries
- 1/2 mango
- 1 tbsp pomegranate seeds
- Honey Lime Dressing:
- 1 tbsp honey
- juice of 1/2 lime
- Chocolate Chip Granola: First up, make your granola. Preheat the oven to 170c / 340f. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix the oats, crushed nuts, desiccated coconut and sunflower seeds together in a bowl. In the microwave melt the coconut oil and then stir in the honey and vanilla extract. Pour this mixture into the dry ingredients and mix until it has all combined.
- Spread the granola onto the parchment on the baking tray and press down with the back of a spoon. Bake in the oven for 20-30 minutes until the granola is golden brown and starting to crisp. Stir and toss the granola two or three times during cooking to ensure that it all bakes evenly.
- Remove from the oven and put aside to cool. Once the granola has cooled add the chocolate chips and goji berries or any other dried fruit. The granola can be stored in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
- Fruit Salad with Honey Lime Dressing Chop up the fresh fruit and make the dressing by mixing the honey and lime juice together.
- Serve the fruit salad and granola in a bowl and drizzle the honey lime dressing on top.