A quick and tasty vegetarian pie, perfect for a mid-week meatless dinner (adapted from a BBC Good Food Magazine recipe)
- 320g puff pastry sheet
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 400g fresh spinach
- 250g ricotta
- 25g parmesan, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- grating of nutmeg
- 4 medium eggs
- salt and pepper to season
- Preheat the oven to 200c. Lay the pastry on a baking sheet and pinch around the edges to create a ridge. Prick the bottom of the pasty with a fork and bake for 10-12 minutes until the pasty is light brown.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large pan. Add the spinach and cook until wilted. Drain the spinach and squeeze out as much liquid as possible. Mix with the ricotta, parmesan, garlic and nutmeg and season with salt and pepper.
- Remove the pastry from the oven and gently press it down if it has puffed up too much. Spoon on the spinach mixture and create four spaces for the eggs. Crack the eggs carefully into each space.
- Return to the oven for a further 10-15 minutes until the egg is cooked.