Delicious savoury muffins packed with flavoursome ingredients like feta, spinach and sun-dried tomatoes. Perfect to batch cook and pop into lunch boxes for school and work!
Feta & Spinach Muffins:
- 2 medium eggs
- 150ml milk
- 75g unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 100g grated cheddar cheese
- 70g feta, roughly chopped
- 40g spinach, finely chopped
- 50g sundried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tbsp chopped chives
- 250g self-raising flour
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 small pieces of French bread
- 2 cherry tomatoes halved
- 2 slices cucumber
- 2 slices cooked ham
- small handful of spinach
- Preheat the oven to 180c and line a muffin tin with 12 muffin cases.
- Gently whisk the eggs in a bowl with a fork and stir in the milk and melted butter.
- Mix in the grated cheese, feta, spinach, sundried tomatoes and chives and mix again.
- Add in the flour and some salt and pepper and fold until just combined.
- Use an ice cream scoop to divide the mixture between the 12 muffin cases.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes until golden brown on top and cooked through.
- To make the sandwich skewers simply add all the ingredients onto skewers or sticks (ensure you use age-appropriate skewers).
- These muffins are best kept in the fridge for up to 3 days. They can be eaten cold, brought to room temperature or warmed in the oven or microwave.
- They can also be frozen once they have cooled completely. To defrost simply leave out for a few hours or overnight.