A delicious and easy recipe for Nasi Goreng, finished off with a crispy fried egg!
- 3 tsp oil
- 4 medium eggs
- 1/2 onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 red chilli, chopped
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 200g / 7oz chinese or sweetheart cabbage, shredded
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 300g / 2 cups cooked long grain rice
- Optional to top: large lettuce leaves, fresh coriander and chilli sauce
- Add one tsp of oil to a wok and heat. Crack in two of the eggs and whisk quickly. Cook the eggs for 3-4 minutes like you are making scrambled eggs. Remove from the heat and spoon the eggs into a bowl.
- Add another tsp of oil in the same work and add in the onion. Fry for 2-3 minutes until they are starting to soften. Add the garlic, chilli and spring onions and cook for a further 2 minutes. Add the cabbage and continue to stir fry for another 3-4 minutes until it is soft but still with a little bite to it.
- Mix in the fish sauce and soy sauce and then add the cooked rice and scrambled eggs. Mix everything together well.
- Divide the rice mixture between two large lettuce leaves.
- Heat the last tsp of oil in the wok. Crack in the remaining two eggs and fry on a high heat for 3-4 minutes. Add the fried eggs to the top of the rice parcels.
- To finish, drizzle with chilli sauce and sprinkle on some chopped fresh coriander.