A quick and easy granola recipe – made in the microwave in just 5 minutes!
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 2 tsp water
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp honey or maple syrup
- 5 tbsp rolled oats
- 2 tbsp nuts and seeds
- 1 tbsp raisins
- Add the coconut oil, water, vanilla extract and honey or maple syrup to a mug or large cup. Microwave on high for 20 seconds until the oil has melted.
- Add the oats, nuts and seeds to the mug and stir well.
- Microwave on high for between 1.5 and 2 minutes in 30 second intervals, stirring well each time, until the oats start to brown.
- Transfer the granola onto a plate and spread out. This helps it to crisp up. Add the raisins.
- Serve immediately or keep in an airtight jar for up to 5 days.
These times are based on my microwave which is 800 watt so you may need to adjust your timing accordingly.