A quick and easy Mackerel Kedgeree recipe made with Princes Mackerel (sponsored post)
A few days ago I spoke about the difficulty that us parents have in feeding ourselves. We spend so much time shopping, prepping and cooking for our children’s meals but on busy days at home we often end up grabbing something on the run or even skipping a meal entirely.
So I’ve teamed up with Princes to show you how easy it is to make a tasty, quick and nutritious meal for yourself either for lunch or dinner. Using their tinned Mackerel Fillets you can whip for a meal for two in just minutes. The first recipe I made was this super tasty 5 Minute Spicy Mackerel with Rice and today I am making a really easy but delicious Mackerel Kedgeree in just 10 minutes.
All of these recipes have been made using Princes Mackerel Fillets. There are 14 flavours in total in the range and all are skinless and boneless, making them so handy to have in the cupboard for busy days.
Princes Mackerel Fillets also count as one of your two portions of Omega-3 rich oily fish a week so when served with carbs make a really nutritious meal.
This Kedgeree recipe took just 10 minutes to prepare and cook and is absolutely perfect for a quick and easy lunch at home or a speedy dinner once the kids are in bed.
You can check out the full Princes Mackerel range here and also browse lots more quick and easy meal time ideas!
Prince’s are giving away a hamper of their mackerel products along with a £60 John Lewis Voucher. To be in with a chance of winning visit their website and let me know in the comment section below which mackerel flavour you are looking forward to trying out the most!
Terms & Conditions:
This giveaway is open to UK residents only with a UK postal address. All entrants must be 18 years of age or above.
This giveaway will close at 12am on 21st March 2018.
The prize is one £60 John Lewis voucher and a hamper of Princes mackerel products. There is no cash alternative and the prize is non transferrable.
The winner will be picked at random by Rafflecopter and contacted by email on or after 21st March 2018. The winner must respond to this email within 7 days. If the winner fails to respond with a contact name and address within 7 days another winner will be chosen at random.
Disclosure: I have been compensated for my time spent working on this campaign with Princes but as always all thoughts and opinions are honest and are my own.Print
A quick and easy Mackerel Kedgeree recipe made with Princes Mackerel
- 2 medium eggs
- 2 cans (125g each) Princes Mackerel Fillets in Olive Oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 tsp medium curry powder
- 250g packet of microwave rice
- 100g frozen peas
- 100ml cold water
- lemon juice and fresh parsley to serve (optional)
- Place the eggs in a saucepan and cover with boiling water. Simmer for 5 minutes and then immediately transfer them into a bowl of cold water to stop them from cooking any further. Once cool, peel the eggs and cut in half.
- Whilst the eggs are cooking open the tins of mackerel and pour about 1/2 tbsp of oil from one of the tins into a frying pan. Add the onion and cook for 3-4 minutes until the onion is soft.
- Add the curry and powder, stir well and cook for another 1 minutes.
- Next add in the microwave rice, peas and water and cook for 4 minutes.
- Finally, drain the mackerel from the remaining oil and gently fold it into the rice and leave it to warm through for about a minute.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and then serve immediately topped with the eggs and finished with lemon juice and chopped parsley (optional).