The whole family will love this child-friendly no-marinade recipe for super easy Chicken Satay Skewers!
- 500g mini chicken fillets or chicken pieces
- 3 tbsp smooth peanut butter
- 250ml coconut milk
- 1 tbsp soy sauce or tamari
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp mild curry powder
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Thread the chicken onto wooden or metal skewers and transfer to a plate while you make the satay sauce.
- To make the sauce put the peanut butter, coconut milk, soy sauce, honey, curry powder, lime juice and garlic in a blender and blitz until fully combined and smooth.
- Pour half the satay sauce into a saucepan and set aside. Brush or pour the rest of the sauce onto the chicken skewers so that they are all lightly coated.
- Cook the skewers under a medium grill for 10-15 minutes, turning once until they are evenly cooked and lightly browned on each side. Whilst the chicken is cooking, gently heat the remaining satay sauce in the saucepan on a low heat until warmed through.
- Pour the sauce into a bowl and serve with the chicken skewers, rice and cucumber strips.
If you are using wooden skewers it’s best to soak them in water beforehand to stop them from burning under the grill.
This recipe is designed to be super speedy but if you have time you can make the sauce several hours in advance and let the chicken marinade after Step 3.
I make the cucumber strips by running a vegetable peeler along the length of a cucumber. The kids love them this way!