A delicious and kid-friendly Cheese & Tomato Risotto recipe, cooked in the oven to make it super easy!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 white onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 250g / 2 & 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 200g / 7oz risotto rice
- 600ml / 2 & 1/2 cups hot vegetable stock
- 75g / 3/4 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh chives
- Preheat the oven to 200c / 400f
- Add the olive oil, onions, garlic and tomatoes to a baking dish and bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes the tomatoes will be nicely roasted. You can either leave them whole or else gently mash them to break them down.
- Add the risotto rice and vegetable stock to the dish and return to the oven for 20 minutes, stirring twice. The stock should all be absorbed by now and the rice cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and stir in the grated cheese and chives.
- Serve immediately with some cooked greens or a side salad.