A delicious and hearty dinner party menu that simple to make, but so impressive to serve up!
For the Roast Chicken
- 1 whole chicken
- 1/2 tbsp Halen Mon Chilli & Garlic Sea Salt
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp olive oil
For the Umami Potato Wedges
- 500g charlotte potatoes
- 1/2 tsp Umami Seasoning
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
For the veggies:
- 300g chopped kale
- Preheat the oven to 180c.
- Remove the chicken from any packaging and place the chicken in a baking dish.
- Add the sea salt, paprika and oil to a bowl and mix well. Then rub this onto the chicken.
- Cook for 90 minutes or according to the instructions depending on the weight of the chicken.
- When the chicken is fully cooked, remove from the oven and wipe away most of the salt.
- To cook the wedges, wash the potatoes and cut them into half or quarters (depending on their size), leaving the skins on.
- Add them to a bowl with the umami seasoning and oil and mix well. Add to a dish and cook in the oven alongside the chicken for 20 minutes.
- Finally, boil the kale in hot water for 5 minutes and then drain well.
- Serve immediately.