Cream crackers are the secret ingredient to getting these turkey nuggets super crunchy! A great dinner to fussy and picky eaters!
- 400g / 1lb diced turkey breast (or chicken)
- 100g / 3.5 oz cream crackers (or any other crackers)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp grated parmesan (optional)
- 1 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 3 tbsp flour
- 2 medium eggs
- Preheat the oven to 220c / 425f. Line a baking tray with parchment paper and spray or drizzle with a little oil.
- Place the cracker, olive oil, parmesan and dried herbs in a food processor and blitz until they have broken down to your desired consistency. I like to have a mixture of some very finely blended crackers that will coat the turkey well and some bigger crumbs that will be deliciously crunchy!
- Next, set yourself up a nugget making station. Put the flour onto a small plate, beat the eggs in a bowl and empty the blitzed crackers onto a large plate.
- This is the part to get the kids involved by giving each of them a station! Roll the diced turkey breast in the flour, dip in the egg and then coat in the cracker crumb. Place on the baking sheet and repeat until all the turkey has gone.
- If you want to freeze any of the nuggets then now is the time to do that. Bake the rest in the oven for 15 minutes until golden and cooked through.