Delicious crispy crunchy marinated tofu in a soft floury tortilla and filled with your favourite toppings!
If there’s one dinner which goes down a storm every time in my house, it’s fajitas! So when Cauldron challenged bloggers to create their favourite street food recipe using one of their products I knew instantly that it had to be these little parcels of delight!
I decided to use a packet of the Original Tofu in my recipe as I like the fact that you can alter it’s flavour with whatever marinade or sauce you chose. I also liked the fact that you can coat it and bake it to make the tofu wonderfully crispy. The slight crunch of the tofu goes so well with the soft floury tortilla.
– grated cheese
– tomato and onion
– shredded lettuce
– fresh lime juice
I also made a coriander and yoghurt dip. We usually have a slightly spicy salsa on our fajitas but I fancied something a bit different this time and the cool yogurt dip went really well with the subtle flavours in the marinate tofu.
The marinade isn’t set in stone either. I kept it quite mild as my fussy eater doesn’t like anything too spicy, but you could jazz it up with more chilli or other mexican flavours.Print
Delicious crispy crunchy marinated tofu in a soft floury tortilla and filled with your favourite toppings
- 1 packet Cauldron Original Tofu
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tbsp coriander, chopped
- 1 tbsp chilli powder (made into a paste with a little water)
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- juice of 1 lime
- 100g cornmeal (or breadcrumbs)
- 100g greek yoghurt
- 1 bunch coriander
Fajitas and Fillings
- 8 flour or corn fajitas
- Fillings of your choice
Press the Tofu
- Remove the tofu from the packaging and pat it dry with kitchen paper. Line a plate or board with kitchen paper and place the tofu on top. Line with more kitchen paper on top and then place something heavy on top of it. I used a chopping board with a bottle of water on top of that! Leave for 20-30 minutes until as much liquid as possible has drained from the tofu. You can replace the kitchen paper half way through if it gets too wet.
Marinate the Tofu
- Mix the marinade ingredients together in a bowl. Cut the tofu into bite sized pieces and add to the marinade, mixing well to ensure all the tofu has been coated. Cover with cling film and refridgerate for at least 30 minutes.
- The tofu can be marinated for several hours so you can do this step ahead of time and just keep it in the fridge until you are ready to cook the tofu.
Bake the Tofu
- Preheat the oven to 180c and line a baking sheet with baking parchment.
- Sprinkle the cornmeal onto a plate. Remove the tofu pieces from the marinade and toss in the cornmeal, coating as much of the surface as possible.
- Place the coated tofu onto the baking sheet in a single layer and bake for 30-40 minutes, turning once.
Make the Sauce
- Make the coriander sauce by blitzing the greek yoghurt and coriander in a food processor until smooth.
Load your Fajitas
- Bring all the ingredients to the table and get building your fajita with your favourite toppings!