These delicious Crispy Baked Quinoa Chicken Nuggets are a tasty and healthy twist on a classic children’s favourite!
- 250g / 9oz chicken breast
- 35g / 1/4 cup flour (can be gluten free)
- 1 large egg
- 150g / 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- salt and pepper
- spray oil
- Preheat the oven 180c / 350f and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Cut the chicken breast into small bite sized pieces. When you add the quinoa it really increases the nuggets in size so keep the chicken pieces small!
- In one bowl add the flour and in a second bowl crack in the egg and whisk.
- In a third bowl add the cooked quinoa and herbs and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Take one piece of diced chicken and coat in the flour, dip in the egg and the roll in the quinoa. Place on the baking tray and then repeat with each piece of chicken.
- Once all the chicken has been coated, spray the nuggets with some spray oil.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes and then turn and bake for another 5-7 minutes.
- Serve immediately!
These nuggets can easily be frozen too. Prepare as normal but instead of cooking freeze them in a single layer until solid then transfer to a freezer bag or container. Store in the freezer for up to 3 months. They can be cooked from frozen but you will need to add an extra 10 mins approx to the baking time.