A simple creamy pasta dish made with salmon, frozen peas and cream. A great way to encourage get kids to eat fish and ready in just 15 minutes. The perfect mid-week family meal.
- 300g / 10.5oz pasta
- 1/2 tbsp oil or butter
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 2 salmon fillets, skin removed
- 100g / 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 100ml / 0.5 cup single cream
- Cook the pasta in a saucepan on the hob according to the package instructions.
- Heat the oil or butter in a frying pan and add the onion and garlic. Cook for 2-3 minutes until softened but not browned.
- Cut the salmon into small pieces (I find it easier to do this with scissors) and then add to the pan along with the frozen peas and the stock cube.
- Remove 100ml of the water from the pasta and add that to the pan. Stir until the stock cube has dissolved.
- Cook this on low for about 5 minutes, turning the salmon pieces once.
- Remove from the heat and then stir in the cream.
- When the pasta has cooked, drain well and then add to the pan with the salmon. Mix well and then serve immediately.