A delicious & festive no churn dairy free and sugar free Cranberry & Orange Ice Cream made with coconut milk
- 2 cans coconut milk
- 250g cranberries (fresh or frozen)
- 80ml water
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1.5 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp orange juice
- zest of 1 orange
- Put the cans of coconut milk in the fridge for several hours or overnight.
- Place the cranberries and water in a pan and bring to the boil over a medium heat. Reduce to a simmer for 4-5 minutes and as the cranberries start to break down, squash them with a potato masher. Add the honey and vanilla extract and remove from the heat.
- Pour the cranberry mixture into a blender with the orange juice and blitz until completely smooth. Allow the cranberry puree to cool.
- Line a loaf tin with parchment. Remove the cans of coconut milk from the freezer, open and scoop out the coconut cream, leaving the water at the bottom of the tin. Whisk the coconut cream with an electric beater until light and fluffy. Fold in the cooled cranberry puree and orange zest.
- Cover the loaf tin with two layers of cling film, followed by a layer of tin foil and place in the freezer for at least 4 hours or until frozen through.
- If you are making this in advance, remove from the freezer an hour before serving to allow it to defrost a little.
The ice cream will keep well in the freezer for 4-5 days, after which it starts to form a lot of ice crystals. So it’s best eaten asap!