A delicious rich Hot Chocolate made with coconut milk. Packed full of flavour but low in calories
As the weather gets colder you really can’t beat a delicious cup of hot chocolate to warm you up on a cold afternoon or evening. And of course a little hit of chocolate is never a bad thing either!
I make mine with coconut milk which adds a really tasty flavour to the hot chocolate but feel free to use a dairy milk or another non-dairy milk like almond or soya instead.
I add the tiniest drop of sweetener to my hot chocolate, just to take away the dark hit of the cocoa. But it’s fine to leave it out or maybe add 1 tbsp of honey if you prefer to use something more natural.
The marshmallows however in my opinion are an absolute must!
Want to chat more about healthy recipes, tips and motivation? Come join us in our Facebook Group.Print
A delicious rich Hot Chocolate made with coconut milk. Packed full of flavour but low in calories.
- 250ml coconut milk (from a carton)
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extra
- optional: sugar free sweetener
- 10g mini marshmallows
- Add the coconut milk and cocoa powder to a saucepan and heat gently for 3-4 minutes, stirring constantly so that the cocoa dissolves.
- Add the vanilla extra and sweetener if using and stir well.
- Pour the hot chocolate into a mug and top with marshmallows
The calorie and nutritional information below is approximate only. If you need exact figures then we advise you to calculate this yourself.