A delicious dairy-free family-friendly chicken curry recipe packed with spinach and made with Flora Dairy Free Coconut & Almond.
- 20g flaked almonds
- 1 tbsp Flora Dairy Free Coconut & Almond
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1/2 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp mild curry powder
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 500g diced chicken breast
- 400ml light coconut milk
- 1/2 tbsp cornflour
- 150g fresh baby spinach
To serve: boiled rice and chopped fresh coriander
- Add the flaked almonds to a dry pan and cook for a couple of minutes until toasted and then remove and set aside.
- Add the Flora Dairy Free Coconut & Almond to the pan and melt over a medium heat. Add the chopped onion and then cook for 3-4 minutes until the onions are soft. Add the garlic and ginger and cook for another minutes.
- Next add the spices and stir quickly until all the onions are coated in the spices. Add in the chicken pieces and fry for 3-4 minutes before adding the coconut milk.
- Bring to the boil and then reduce to a simmer. Leave to cook for 15-20 minutes.
- Once the chicken has cooked through remove a few tablespoons of the cooking liquid and place in a small jug or mug with the cornflour. Mix quickly until all the lumps have disappeared and then return to the pan, stirring well.
- Add the baby spinach and cook for another couple of minutes until the spinach has wilted.
- Serve with boiled rice and garnish with the toasted flaked almonds and some chopped fresh coriander.