Delicious gluten and dairy free Coconut & Almond Breakfast Bars. The perfect recipe to batch make at the weekend for a grab-and-go breakfast during the week!
- 2 medium bananas
- 1 tin (400ml) coconut milk
- 100g almond butter
- 2 medium eggs
- 1 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- 200g porridge oats
- 1 tbsp coconut flakes
1. Preheat the oven to 180c fan and line a 9x9inch tin with parchment paper. 2. Mash the bananas and add to a large bowl. 3. Add in the coconut milk, almond butter, eggs and honey and mix with a spoon. 4. Finally add in the porridge oats and stir again until all the ingredients are well combined. 5. Pour the mixture into the tin and bake in the oven for 15 minutes. 6. Remove the tin from the oven and sprinkle the coconut flakes on top. Return to the oven for a further 10 minutes. 7. Allow to cool a little in the tin before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. It is important to let these bars cool before slicing. 8. Cut into 9 squares and serve immediately or store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Use certified gluten free porridge to ensure they are completely gluten free.
- These bars can be kept in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. They can be eaten cold or warmed in the microwave or oven.
- They can also be frozen and left to defrost overnight in the fridge.