These chunky cookies are low in sugar and made with oats, making them perfect for a filling afternoon snack or to add to lunch boxes. They’re also brilliant to batch make and keep in the freezer too.
- 125g unsalted butter
- 50g light brown sugar
- 1 medium egg
- 120g plain flour
- 100g oats
- 1/4 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 50g chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 180c fan and line two baking trays with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl beat together the butter and sugar with an electric whisk. Add the egg and beat for another few seconds.
- Add in the flour, oats and bicarbonate and mix well.
- Finally mix in the chocolate chips.
- Divide the mixture into 12 equal sized dough balls. Place them on the baking trays and then press down into a cookie shape.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Allow to cool for a few minutes on the trays before moving to a wire rack to cool completely.
Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days. They can also be frozen and defrosted in a couple of hours at room temperature.