A whole toffee apple can be too much for small children to eat. Try these Chocolate Toffee Apple Slices instead. Easier to eat and much less waste!
- 3 medium apples
- 100g dark chocolate
- 2 tbsp toffee / caramel sauce
- sprinkles or desiccated coconut to decorate
- lollipop or popsicle sticks
- Cut the apples lengthways into 3 large slices. Cut a very small slice from the end pieces so that they lie flat. Insert a lollipop or popsicle stick into each apple slice.
- Melt the chocolate over a pan of boiling water or in the microwave and pour it into a small deep bowl.
- Dip each apple slice into the chocolate and fully coat it in a thin layer of chocolate. Place the apple slice on a plate or tray and repeat until all the slices are coated. Put the plate in the fridge for 20 minutes or until the chocolate has hardened.
- Spread a small layer of toffee caramel sauce onto the top of each apple slice and decorate with sprinkles or coconut.
- Serve immediately or store in the fridge. These apple slices are best eaten the same day that they are made.