A simple chocolate oat cookie with a marshmallow spun spider web topping. The perfect sweet treat for Halloween!
- 125g unsalted butter
- 75g caster sugar
- 1 medium egg
- 100g plain flour
- 100g oats
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 75g white marshmallows
- Preheat the oven to 180c and line two baking trays with Bacofoil ® Non-Stick Baking Paper.
- Add the butter and sugar to a large bowl and beat with an electric whisk. Add the egg and continue to mix for another few seconds.
- Add the flour, oats and cocoa powder and mix again until well combined.
- Divide the mixture into 10 equal balls and then mould them into a cookie shape, placing 5 on each baking tray.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes and leave the cookies on the tray to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile place the marshmallows in a bowl and melt in the microwave. It will take between 20 and 60 seconds depending on the size of the marshmallows.
- Use a spoon to drizzle the melted marshmallow over the cookies, creating a spider web design.
- Leave to cool for another few minutes before serving.