This breakfast may look and taste indulgent, but it’s actually very healthy and perfect to warm you up on a cold winter’s morning
- 40g porridge oats
- 150ml semi-skimmed milk
- 50ml water
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 satsumas
- optional: sugar free sweetener
- 1 square dark chocolate
- Add the oats, milk, water and cocoa powder to a saucepan.
- Cut one of the satsumas in half and squeeze in the juice.
- Cook on low for 4-5 minutes, stirring continuously until the ingredients have all combined and the oats are soft.
- At this stage you can add a drop of sugar free sweetener to the porridge if you like. This is optional and totally depends on your tastes.
- Serve in a bowl with a square of dark chocolate on top on the segments from the second satsuma.
This recipe is ideal for batch cooking. You can make enough for 2 or 3 days as it will keep in the fridge for up to 48 hours. Reheat on the hob or in the microwave. You may need to add some extra milk or water when reheating.
The calorie and nutritional information listed below is approximate only. If you need exact figures then we advise you to calculate this yourself.