- 275g / 1.75 cups plain or all purpose flour (can be gluten free)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 2 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- 75g / 0.3 cup coconut oil or butter, melted
- 70g / 0.3 cup honey
- 50g / 0.25 cup plain yogurt
- 1 medium egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 orange
- 75g /0.5 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 180c/350f. Grease and line a 2lb baking tin with parchment paper.
- Add the flour, baking soda and baking powder to a large bowl and mix with a spoon.
- In another bowl add the mashed banana, coconut oil or butter, honey, yogurt, egg and vanilla extract and mix well with a spoon.
- Add the zest and juice of the whole orange and mix again.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix with a spoon just enough until all the ingredients have combined.
- Finally stir in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and bake in the oven for 30 minutes. Remove, cover loosely with tin foil (this will stop the top of the bread getting too brown) and then return to the oven for another 20-25 minutes until the bread is cooked through and a skewer inserted in the middle comes out dry.
- Once the loaf has cooked, remove it from the oven. Allow to cool in the tin for 5-10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
This bread will keep in an airtight tin for up to 48 hours. It can also be sliced and frozen and defrosted at room temperature.