Satsumas dipped in chocolate and coconut oil and sprinkled with desiccated coconut. A healthy, low sugar snack for kids and adults alike!
- 5 satsumas
- 75g dark chocolate (use vegan if necessary)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tsp desiccated coconut
- Peel the satsumas and separate into segments.
- Melt the chocolate and coconut oil together in a saucepan over a low heat. Stir continuously until everything has melted and is well combined. Be sure not to burn the chocolate. Remove from the heat.
- Dip each satsuma segment into the melted chocolate and place on a plate or baking tray. Once all the segments have been dipped, place the tray in the fridge for 5 minutes to allow the chocolate to set.
- Remove from the fridge and dip each segment in the chocolate a second time and then immediately sprinkle on some desiccated coconut. Return to the fridge for a further 5 minutes.
- These Chocolate Dipped Satsumas will keep in the fridge for a couple of days, it is best to eat them within 24 hours as they will begin to dry out.