These tasty Chocolate Coconut Crispy Bites are a brilliant afternoon snack for kids and adults too. They’re also nut free so perfect to send to school as part of a packed lunch or snack box.
- 100g / 1 cup rolled oats
- 50g / 2 cups Rice Krispies
- 3 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder (unsweetened)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Add the oats and Rice Krispies to a food processor and blitz until they are all broken down.
- Add the coconut oil, honey, cocoa powder and vanilla to small bowl and mix until all combined.
- Pour this mixture into the food processor and blitz again until all dry ingredients are all coated.
- Line a tray or large plate with some parchment paper.
- Use a tablespoon to take a spoonful of the mixture from the food processor. Press down with on the mixture in the spoon with the palm of your hand so that it becomes compact. Turn the spoon over onto the tray or plate and a dome shaped bite should come out.
- Repeat with the remaining mixture making 15 bites in total.
- Refrigerate for at least 45 minutes before serving.
The bites will keep in the fridge for up to 4 days.