These Chocolate Chip Energy Bites make the perfect snack for kids, packed full of slow releasing carbs from oats and protein from peanut butter and flaxseed. And they look like healthy cake pops too!
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (or another nut butter)
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp desiccated coconut
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- Place all the ingredients except the chocolate chips in a large bowl and mix until well combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Roll the mixture into bite sized balls. I made 13 but it depends on what size you want your energy bites to be. Refridgerate for 1 hour to allow them to firm up, place a small straw or cake pop stick into each energy bite and serve.
- The energy bites will keep in the fridge for up to 4 days.