A quick and Easy Chinese Fried Rice recipe using leftover pork. Perfect for a speedy mid-week family dinner
- 200g cooked and chopped pork
- 1 tsp Chinese Five Spice
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 medium eggs
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed or finely chopped
- 100g chopped frozen vegetables
- 1/2 red pepper, chopped
- 350g cooked and cooled long grain rice
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- Sprinkle the Chinese Five Spice onto the pork and mix well.
- Heat a wok or large frying pan on the hob and add in half of the oil. Crack in the eggs and mix quickly, almost like making scrambled eggs. Cook the eggs whilst stirring continuously for about 2-3 minutes. Transfer the eggs to a bowl.
- Add the remainder of the oil to the wok and then add in the onions. Cook for 2-3 minutes until they have softened. Add the garlic, frozen vegetables, red pepper and chopped pork and cook for a further 4 minutes. Transfer all of this into the bowl with the eggs.
- To the wok add the cooled rice and soy sauce and mix well. Cook for 2-3 minutes until the rice is warmed through. Add back in the eggs, vegetables and pork and mix everything together.
- Serve immediately.