Warm and comforting, this homemade chicken noodle soup recipe has added courgette noodles (zoodles!) for an extra hit of nutritious veg!
- 1 carrot
- 2 celery sticks
- 1 leek
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 litres / 8 cups chicken and vegetable stock
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 150g cooked chicken
- 4 tbsp sweetcorn
- 2 spring onions
- 75g dried egg noodles
- 2 small courgettes, spiralized
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- To garnish: coriander, chilli flakes
- Finely chop the carrot, celery and leek and add to a large saucepan with the crushed garlic cloves. Pour in the chicken stock and add the thyme. Bring to the boil and simmer on low for 10 minutes or until the veg has softened.
- Add the cooked chicken, sweetcorn, spring onions, egg noodles, spiralized courgette and soy sauce and continue to simmer for 4-5 minutes.
- Garnish with coriander (and chilli flakes for the adults!) and serve immediately.
This soup can be frozen, although it is best to freeze it without the egg noodles and the courgette noodles. Instead, make the soup as normal, excluding these, and freeze in a container or freezer bags. Once defrosted the soup can be warmed up in a saucepan. Add the egg and courgette noodles at this stage and cook for 4-5 minutes.