Delicious sausage rolls made easy with just five ingredients including chicken sausages and tortilla wraps. No pastry needed!
- spray oil
- 400g chicken sausages
- 2 large tortilla wraps
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- Preheat the oven to 200c fan and line a baking tray with parchment paper. Spray a little oil over the surface of the paper.
- Remove the sausages from their skins and add to a bowl. Mash with a fork.
- Place one of the wraps on a chopping board. Add half of the sausage mixture to the wrap, just right of centre.
- Starting on the right hand side, fold the wrap up as tightly as you can, making sure to finish seal side down.
- Cut off the ends of the wrap and then cut into six sausage rolls.
- Repeat with the second wrap and the remainder of the the sausage mixture.
- Place all the sausage rolls onto the baking tray.
- Lightly beat the egg in the cup or bowl and brush over the top of the sausage rolls. Finally add some sesame seeds on top.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes until golden brown and the sausage meat has cooked all the way through.
- These sausage rolls are best served warm from the oven but they will keep for up to 3 days in the fridge. You can reheat in the oven for a few minutes.
- If you want to get ahead of your Christmas cooking and get these all prepped now then you can make the sausage rolls but instead of baking them, flash freeze them on a tray or plate for a few hours until hard. Then transfer to a freezer bag or container to store in the freezer. When you want to cook them you can bake them directly from frozen. Add them to a lined and greased baking tray, adding an extra 10 minutes approximately to the cooking time.