A delicious lasagne recipe made with chicken mince and packed with vegetables. Healthy comfort food at it’s best!
- 1 onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 medium carrots
- 1 celery stalk
- 1 small courgette
- 0.5 tbsp oil
- 500g chicken mince
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 300ml chicken stock
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- 1 tsp oregano
- 150g lasagne sheets
- 150ml creme fraiche
- 100ml milk
- 50g grated cheddar cheese
- 20g grated parmesan
- optional: chopped parsley
- Chop the onions, garlic, carrots, celery and courgette into very small pieces.
- Add to a large frying pan with the oil and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the chicken mince and fry a further 3-4 minutes until it has all turned white.
- Add the tinned tomatoes, chicken stock, ketchup and oregano, mix well and bring to the boil.
- Turn down to a simmer and cook on low for 20 minutes.
- Once cooked, add this lasagne mixture to an oven dish, layering with the lasagne sheets.
- Make sure you finish with a final layer of lasagne sheets on top.
- Mix the creme fraiche and milk together in a jug and pour this over the top.
- Finally add the grated cheddar and grated parmesan.
- Bake the lasagne at 180c for 25 minutes until the cheese is golden brown and bubbling.
- This is optional but once cooked you can add some chopped parsley to the top.
- Cut into 6 portions and serve immediately.
Leftovers can be kept in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days. Reheat in the microwave or oven until piping hot.
This lasagne can also be frozen. Defrost in the fridge overnight and reheat in the microwave or oven until piping hot.