A quick and easy cook-from-scratch Chicken, Coconut & Tomato Curry recipe. Super mild and suitable for kids!
- 1.5 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 white onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 0.5 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 400ml / 1 & 1/2 cups coconut milk
- 150g / 5 oz tomato puree (or tomato paste)
- 500g / 1 lb chicken breast, diced
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- Melt the coconut oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat. When melted, add the onion and fry for 2 minutes until softened. Add the garlic, ginger, garam masala and curry powder and fry for another 2 minutes, stirring continuously.
- Add the coconut milk and tomato paste and whisk until everything has combined. Add the diced chicken pieces and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Finally, add the tomatoes and continue to simmer for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Serve immediately with rice and poppadoms or naan bread.