Delicious cheesy fritters made with chicken and broccoli. Super tasty and kid-friendly, great for lunch or dinner too!
- 200g brocolli
- 300g chicken breasts
- 100g grated cheddar cheese
- 1 medium egg
- 100ml milk
- 1 tbsp chopped chives
- 50g plain flour
- optional: salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp oil
- Chop the broccoli into small florets and steam on the hob until soft.
- If you don’t have a steamer then boiling is fine.
- Whilst the broccoli is cooking, chop the chicken into small bite sized pieces and add to a large bowl.
- Add the cheese, egg, milk and chives and mix well.
- When the broccoli is cooked, remove from the pan and chop into very small pieces.
- Add the chopped broccoli to the bowl and mix well.
- Finally, add the flour and mix again. You can season with salt and pepper at this point is you wish.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan over a low heat.
- Add two spoonfuls of the fritter mixture to the pan to make one fritter. You should be able to cook four fritters at a time.
- Fry on low for 5 minutes, turn and fry on the other side for another 4 minutes.
- Remove the fritters and leave to rest on some kitchen paper to drain off any excess oil.
- Fry the remaining fritters and then serve immediately.
Leftover can be kept in the fridge for up to 2 days and reheated in a frying pan again or in the microwave.
These fritters can also be frozen. Place a sheet of baking paper between each fritter to stop them from sticking. Defrost overnight in the fridge and reheat as above.