A delicious BLT sandwich made with savoury cheddar and chives waffles!
- For the waffles:
- 200g / 1.5 cups plain or all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 0.5 tsp baking soda
- 0.5 tsp salt
- pepper to taste
- 70ml / 0.3 cup melted butter
- 2 large eggs
- 230ml / 1.25 cups whole milk
- 50g / 1 cup grated strong cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp chopped chives
- For the sandwich filling:
- 8 slices crispy bacon
- 1 large tomato
- handful of lettuce
- 2 tbsp mayo
- In a bowl mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and pepper.
- In another bowl whisk together the butter, eggs and milk. Add this mixture to the dry ingredients and stir just enough to incorporate all the ingredients. Do not over mix.
- Add the cheese and chives and mix gently again.
- Heat your waffle iron and add approximately 1/2 cup of batter to each of the plates. The amount of batter will depend on the size of your waffle iron.
- Cook for 4-6 minutes until the waffles are starting to get crispy on the outside. Remove and allow to cool while you prepare the sandwich fillings.
- Layer the bacon, lettuce, tomato and mayo between two waffles, cut in half and serve immediately.