Delicious vegetarian nuggets for kids packed with super nutritious cauliflower!
- 350g / 12oz cauliflower
- 50g / 1 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 100g / 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 medium egg
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp mixed dried herbs
- Preheat the oven to 200c / 390f and line a baking tray with parchment paper or a silicone non-stick mat.
- Chop the cauliflower into small pieces and cook it by either boiling or steaming it, which ever is your preference.
- Once the cauliflower has cooked add it to a food processor and blitz until it has broken down into small pieces. Add the rest of the ingredients and blitz again just enough until they are all combined. You don’t want to over-blitz the mixture!
- Place one large spoon of the mixture at a time onto the baking tray and mould into a round shape. I make about 12 nuggets from this but it will depend on what size you want them to be.
- Bake in the oven for 12-14 minutes until golden brown. Allow to cool for 5 minutes before serving as this will help them to keep their shape.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 48 hours.