Delicious savoury fritters made with cheddar cheese and frozen diced cauliflower. These are a great way to get some cauliflower into your fussy eaters.
- 100g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 medium egg
- 100ml milk
- 100g grated mature cheddar cheese
- 150g frozen diced cauliflower
- 1/2 tbsp oil
- Add the flour, baking powder, egg and milk to a large bowl and mix well with a spoon.
- Add the grated cheese and frozen diced cauliflower and mix again.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan on a low heat.
- At a large spoonful of the mixture at a time to make one fritter.
- Repeat until you have 5 fritters in the pan.
- Cook for 4 minutes, flip and cook for a further 4 minutes on the other side.
- Remove the fritters from the pan and repeat with the remaining mixture.
- You should be able to make 10 fritters in total.
These fritters will keep in the fridge for up to 2 days. They can be eaten cold or reheated in the microwave or on the hob in a frying pan.
They can also be frozen. Defrost at room temperature and reheated as above.