These delicious cookies are gluten, dairy and egg free, low in sugar and packed with nutritious oats and carrots! A great way to get the kids into the kitchen cooking!
- 125g / 4oz coconut oil, melted
- 50g / 2 oz sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 125g / 4.5oz gluten free plain flour
- 125g / 4.5oz rolled oats (use certified gluten free if necessary)
- 1/4 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 large carrot, grated
- To decorate: icing sugar and water
- Preheat the oven to 160c / 320f and line two cookie trays with parchment paper.
- Add the melted coconut oil, sugar and vanilla extract to a large bowl and mix.
- Add in the the flour, rolled oats, bicarbonate of soda and cinnamon. Mix well with a spoon or use an electric whisk.
- Finally add in the grated carrot and stir with a spoon.
- Roll the dough into 12-14 equal sized balls and divide them between the two trays. Press each dough ball down with the back of a spoon and shape into a round cookie shape.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes until starting to brown.
- Remove from the oven and transfer to a wire rack to allow to cool completely.
- The decoration is optional but if you would like to add it simply mix a little icing sugar and water together and drizzle or pipe it onto the cookies.
- The cookies will keep in an airtight container for up to 3 days.